Ten Things I Wish My Teachers Knew
Formatted in accordance with the David Letterman show:
Here are Ten tips for teachers of LD Students.
This means all students because we all Learn Differently!
- LD Does Not Mean Lazy Dumb
- The LD student is capable of achieving the same goals as the non LD student
- The LD student may need more time
- There are many different ways to teach and learn Kinesthetic, Auditory, and Visual
- The LD student does have his/her individual strengths
- The LD student wants a chance at bat (See Homerun Hitter)
- FAIR has no meaning in education (See Fair)
- Praise Publicly Punish Privately The LD student remembers what you said.
- LD doesn’t mean Learning Disabled.
- LD means Learns Differently!!